Just thinking.. should I start writing in this blog in full English, or well, make most of it in English? o shouldn't I.. Hmm this thought just cross my mind this morning.. On a positive note, this can serve as a practice for my written English since I have this feeling that it has all become rusty. And very rusty indeed. It is a common knowledge, well at least it is common for myself and those people close to me.. that my written English used to be relatively good for a Kelantanese. It is now, USED to be.
Honestly now I feel that to write in English is as difficult as to speak in it. Grammars aside, because as I grow older I realize that to be understood is more important than to be grammatically correct. My vocabulary has been depleted due to lack of practise, I guess., and I can no longer writes smoothly as I have to keep translating from Bahasa Melayu to English. Sometimes the exact words just did not want to come and this made me very frustrated.
3 comments:
agree with you, i can speak in English, but when come to write, i`m always down.. T_T.. speaking is not difficult as writing, if we speak, we can use the broken english.. my father always speak in english with me, but i answered in bahasa and i got scold.. T_T.. i love when my previous teacher or lecturer speak in bilingual.. blue biru.. hehehe..
andi,
thanks for dropping by.
u are so reversed compared to me.. i am the one who used to find it difficult to speak in English, but relatively easy to write. In a scale of 10, i would give my spoken english as low as maybe 2 whereas the written one could be a 7. But that is all history because nowadays i feel that my writings has deteriorated so much.
..whatever it is worth, yus03, you written English is great..keep at it..you are doing fine..:)..after a while, you might even developed your own style..cheers..
Post a Comment